Finally a mini break before our big break after finals when the school year is over! If you’re looking for fun things to do in and around the Seattle area, below is a list of events happening this weekend.
- Folklife music and dance / May 22 – 25, 2015 / 1 mile NW / Celebrate traditional arts by choosing from hundreds of dance and musical performances, workshops, and panels from around the world during Northwest Folklife Festival at Seattle Center. Donation.
- Jazz festival / May 23, 2015 / 18 miles north / Hear top student musicians in three Edmonds venues at the Edmonds Jazz Connection. Donation.
- Gig Harbor scavenger hunt / May 23, 2015 / 44 miles SW / Follow the map to 30 checkpoints on foot or bike during Gig Harbor Street Scramble, with awards, refreshments, and music afterward at Skansie Brothers Park. Free.
- Car show / May 24 – 25, 2015 / 28 miles north / Seattle Rod-Tiques car club hosts the Cruzin’ to Colby Car Show with 600 cars cruising Sunday down Colby Avenue in Everett. Free, except the dance.
- Memorial Day Ceremony / May 25, 2015 (11 a.m.) / 7 miles south / The Museum of Flight honors our military with patriotic music and speeches at the Memorial Day Ceremony. Museum admission is free for veterans & active U.S. military who show ID.
- Military show / May 25, 2015 / 22 miles north / See tanks, military vehicles, artillery weapons, firing demonstrations, and a collectors’ club parade at Tankfest Northwest at Paine Field in Everett.
There are many other fun and exciting events happening in May after Memorial Weekend such as the Bellevue Jazz Festival on May 27 – 31, 2015 featuring top national and regional jazz musicians and the Electronic music festival on May 28 – 30, 2015 held in various Seattle locations. Please check out the below links for more information.
Events 12 http://www.events12.com/seattle/may/
Events Washington State http://www.experiencewa.com/wa/events
And finally please DON’T DRINK & DRIVE! Below is a list of cab companies for your safe ride home:
Yellow Cab 206-622-6500
Orange Cab 206-522-8800, 206-444-0409
Seattle Cab Company 206-234-2342
Farwest Taxi 206-622-1717
Taxi Fare Finder estimates your taxicab fare, cost and rates. http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Seattle
Uber is a ride sharing service but always PROCEED WITH CAUTION. https://www.uber.com/en-US/cities/seattle
Cheers and Be Safe! Happy Memorial Weekend Everyone!!
Mariquita de Mira / MFA in Arts Leadership 2015 / Artist. Arts Leader. Global Adventurer & Explorer.
[I moved to Washington from California a little over a year ago and slowly but surely discovering Seattle. Through my DISCOVER SEATTLE Blog, I will be sharing my adventures of places to eat, the nightlife, and other events that I have attended or feel will be a cool event to attend to that I will share on GSC Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and World Press. I look forward to meeting you all at our GSC events. Cheers!]